With James River Writers Conference just around the corner—October 18-19 in Richmond, Virginia—it’s high time for me to share my invaluable experience garnered from attending the past six years. So without further ado, here are my top 10 benefits every writer or writer-to-be can gain:
- 10. Discover free swag in the bag—plenty of writerly goods often including issues of writer’s magazines, pens, sticky notes, bookmarks and info about a multitude of writers’ resources.
- 9. Encounter hundreds of cohorts and learn that you are not alone in this lonely quest.
- 8. Find solutions to your creative conundrums and publishing predicaments.
- 7. Meet one-on-one with a top agent or publishing consultant.
- 6. Network and build your own community of like-minded writers. Or take advantage of a ready-made, top-notch group by joining JRW. Or go all-out: do both!
- 5. Learn super strategies, nuts-and-bolts, how-to’s and how-not-to’s from outstanding authors and agents.
- 4. View (and maybe compete in!) Pitchapalooza—the electrifying “American Idol” of book pitching. The winner is awarded an introduction to an agent or publisher specifically selected for his or her book.
- 3. Bask in the awesome aura that emanates from such a huge concentration of us creative-types.
- 2. Learn more super strategies, nuts-and-bolts, how-to’s and how-not-to’s from award-winning authors and highly regarded agents.
- 1. Recharge your muse’s batteries with enough high-energy juice to last until next year’s conference!
To immediately secure your place in this not-to-be-missed conference, click here: http://www.jamesriverwriters.org/what-we-do/programs/annual-conference
If you’re not quite convinced, this video should do the trick: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U15K1uEgdFw&rel=0&width=640&height=480
At the conference, look for me behind the registration table or milling about with all the other smiling writers. I know this will be like a “Where’s Waldo” challenge, but I’d love to meet you.